Elder Smith

Elder Smith
Write to him at: Elder Samuel Smith Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission House 2B, Street 222, Off Norodom Blvd PO Box 165 Phnom Penh Cambodia email address: shsmith@myldsmail.net

Friday, January 13, 2017

This past sunday was the most successful week i have had with less actives my whole mission. 11/27/16 Week #73




hey hey 

This past sunday was the most successful week i have had with less actives my whole mission. It was the coolest thing ever. I have been working with a lot of less active men here and some of them have been making small little changes. But yesterday 6 less active men came to church. It was the coolest. Ive never seen so many guys in my branch the whole time i have been here. I love serving and working hard but when you get to see the fruit it makes it just makes it that much better. Also, huah came to church a little late and forgot his tie so he thought he might not be able to pass the sacrament, but i ripped my tie off and put it on him and got him a spot and told him what he needed to do. It was the coolest thing watching someone you baptized passing the sacrament. Doesnt get any better than that. 

Jomraun is doing really good. He is getting interviewed this Wed and should get baptized on Saturday, Elder Mitchell and I are pretty stoked. Hes really excited as well. Jomraun has been the biggest example to me of what faith really means. Its def not a perfect knowledge but we hope and trust in something that we believe is true, and after we do that then we can KNOW. Some people just blow me away. 

Training is a ton of fun. Teaching khmer and trying to help him teach is so fun. Getting used to living in Cambodia is no easy thing. But he's doing way good. Just putting one foot in front of the other is all you need to do.We are meeting vannat today (a semi new investigator) and Elder Mitchell is going to invite him to be baptized. So it should be a way good lesson. So stoked! 

Thank you so much for the prayers. Mom thank you so much for just being a good mom haha. I just got the packages! Thanks so MUCH!! You guys are the best. I just devour that chocolate haha. Eating rice and meat every day is good, but after a while you just want some flipping american food. 

  I miss you guys so much, but right now i really feel like a real missionary. I can speak khmer really well now, im working hard, being obedient and training and am district leader over all the sisters and elders here. Life is tough, but its just so rewarding. I love you so much. Thanks for helping me get to where I am! 

Love you big big (thats a khmer phrase)

Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment