Elder Smith

Elder Smith
Write to him at: Elder Samuel Smith Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission House 2B, Street 222, Off Norodom Blvd PO Box 165 Phnom Penh Cambodia email address: shsmith@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 24, 2015

Come what may and love it! Week #5

Hey guys!! All the pictures are awesome and thank all of you who sent a package. MUCH LOVE FOR YOU!! 
We were oober blessed this past week and had Sheri Dew and the President of the 12 (Russel M. Nelson) come speak. Those two people are power houses. When President Nelson came in the room, you could instatntly just feel the room change. It was so cool. He talked about how we are epistles of the Lord. He told us that we are going to help create multi-generational families in the Gospel. I loved that. 

I saw this quote the other day and I loved it. It's kind of been my motto the past couple days. It says "Come what may and love it. The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life." (Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin) Being a missionary you feel a whole lot of different emotions each day. You could be super stoked because you just killed it during a lesson, and then you could start learning the longest phonetic alphabet in the world. (CAMBODIAN) its insane. There's like three levels to the alphabet, so we have to memorize like three different alphabets. So awesome.

Thank you all for the prayers. I really do feel them. They help a lot. Its really humbling to see how much you have to rely on the Lord here. I really cant do it without Him. If God wanted me to speak this language already I would be, but the Lord needs me to learn lessons along the way in order for me to become the missionary he needs me to be. Its sometimes hard to keep an eternal perspective during our lives, but when we do each day is easier and more fun to live. This Gospel is sweet. It gives happiness to everyone who follows it. 

"We have few things to be discouraged in, but everything to rejoice in." (dont know who said that but its shweeet)

Love all you guys. See you in a week Chandler!
1) Selfie with Beckstead-funniest guy ever
2) My awesome district (almost all of them)


No comments:

Post a Comment