Elder Smith

Elder Smith
Write to him at: Elder Samuel Smith Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission House 2B, Street 222, Off Norodom Blvd PO Box 165 Phnom Penh Cambodia email address: shsmith@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

20 hours left! Week #9



I CANT BELIEVE THAT I AM DONE. LIKE WOW. 2 MONTHS!

When I look back at my experiences here in the MTC I laugh, I get happy, and I cry (because of my terrible first lesson in Khmer). Its kinda hard to put into words what I have learned here. I've learned a ton. Like a lot more than I thought I could. 

I think the biggest things that I have noticed in myself are 1. My love for the scriptures has grown exponentially 2. the humor here is so dry that I think everything is funny, sometimes I get kinda mad at myself because of how hard I'm laughing and 3. That love motivates people do great things.


I can literally read the Book of Mormon for like 2 straight hours and it doesn't even phase me. These past months I can really say that i have "feasted" upon the words of Christ. The things that the Book of Mormon teaches us are so amazing. It tells us that all we have to do is have faith in Christ, follow his commandments, and serve and love people. It's so simple. I love it. Those are the best ways to come closer to Him. 

I was thinking about random people in my life yesterday. Good people and not so good people. Grumpy people and happy people. Nice people and mean people. Every single one of them needs the same thing. No matter who it is, every single person needs to feel loved in some sort of way. You could have the meanest old man in the world, and if you keep on talking to him and show him you are interested in him he would open up. It's human nature. I am super excited to share the message that we have. It gives love. It turns grumpy people into happy people, mean people into nice people and not so good people to GOOD people. I love it. It's such an amazing message. So many people need what we have been blessed to have. Share it. Live what you know. If you have become grumpy just look up the "Because of Him" video on lds.org, I promise it will put a smile on your beautiful face. No doubt. 

I love all of you guys. Also a special shout out to Grandma Hilbig. Thanks so much for that package and card. It meant so much. You're amazing and I want you to know that I pray for you every single day. I love you. Grandma Smith thank you for your treats!! I loved them! Also thank you so much Clark and Maren. That package was awesome! Thank you for the talk and the letter. The talk was truly inspiring! Also the Steeds! Thanks for the letter and mints. Those were greatly needed, Jen and Todd and the Hilbig Fam. Thanks for the package. You guys are so thoughtful. And the DeMordaunts! Thanks a ton for what you guys sent me! Those cupcakes were superb. Much love to all you guys. 

LOVE ELDER SMITH








    No comments:

    Post a Comment